Friday, July 30, 2010

How will getting married affect my income tax return?

My fiance and I both make about $22,000 a year. Typically we file a standard single filing for the purpose of taxes (no children, no head of household).





If we were to get married, would it help or hurt our tax returns. What could we expect?How will getting married affect my income tax return?
It depends on if you decide to file jointly or separately. I recommend filling jointly because you'll usually get more money backHow will getting married affect my income tax return?
Filing jointly will generally result in you paying less in taxes. You can still file individually if you wish to.
Won't change things much, might save a few dollars if you file a joint return, but not more than that. It won't hurt you though.

No comments:

Post a Comment