Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm getting married in October and need some ideas for an outdoor country wedding?

I am getting married next October (2009) and need some great ideas for an outdoor country wedding reception menu. Our reception will be classy southern (not cowboy) and I want to know what I should put on the menu. We are going to have iced tea and lemonade (in beautiful jugs) and lots of alcohol of course. Along with the wedding cake we are doing different pies and southern style candies.I'm getting married in October and need some ideas for an outdoor country wedding?
different chicken and rib dishes, there are so many ways those dishes can be prepared in order to make it look classy not trashyI'm getting married in October and need some ideas for an outdoor country wedding?
I really love your ideas. I would really enjoy going to this wedding with what you've said so far. So unique and personal.





I would do southern meat dishes, like ribs, BBQ, chicken, etc. Stick to the basics, but hire a caterer that can make the meals more upscale, but still down-home delicious. Mashed potatoes, cornbread, baked beans. Any good caterer can make all that appropriate for a wedding.





Of course, you'll also need to plan for a vegetarian dish as well just in case, but I think the southern menu is the way to go here. It will really make this reception complete.
You could have someone make a huge pot of chicken and rice, with corn on the cob and potato salad. Then make several different pies. Apple, sweet potato and pumpkin.
ummm the best bet is to do a search in google for themed recipes. then tell your caterer to make it or have whoever make it.
I think like a little country picnic would be cute. corn, potato salad, fried chicken, ect. goes great with the sweet tea and lemonade
wow what a wedden

No comments:

Post a Comment