Friday, July 30, 2010

Why would a married man lie steadfastly to his wife when he breaks something?

My husband breaks things around the house at times, as we all do, but when questioned about what happened, he lies to the bitter end, denying that he did it. I am not the kind of person who would make a big deal out of it or criticize his clumsiness. I just don't understand why he would fabricate a story that makes no sense to cover for his accidents.





Can anyone help me to understand him?Why would a married man lie steadfastly to his wife when he breaks something?
maybe he really got in trouble when he broke things as a kid and it's just created an ';I didn't do it!'; pattern in him.


When you absolutely know he did it, I'd just say ';listen, I know your broke it. I'm not mad at all that you broke something. What upsets me is that you feel you need to lie to me about it. Is there something that I'm doing that makes you feel you have to lie to me about it? It makes me wonder what else you lie to me about and I don't like that feeling so I'd like to fix whatever it is that is making you want to lie about it. It is really important to me that we are honest with each other'; and then invite a conversation on it.Why would a married man lie steadfastly to his wife when he breaks something?
How was his relationship with his mother growing up? I'd bet he was the same way and is avoiding 'punishment' or by lying his mother let him get away with it. Guys that were Momma's Boys while growing up tend to keep some behaviors with their wives. Ask his mom/dad or brother/sister is this was true when he was growing up if you have that type of relationship with them. If not, sit him down and tell him you need an honest answer.
how does he act when he lies? can you give us an example?





it is possible that he had a controlling mother as a child. if she was on his case about everything, he would probably come up with little fibs so she wouldn't nag him.





i guess just talk to him about it. tell him you won't get mad, you just want the truth and telling lies doesn't accomplish anything.
If he is an older man. Then this could be a sign of a health problem. If for some reason his mind isn't clear. Then this could be why he is breaking things and forgetting that he broke them.





You should consider the possibility he might believe that he is telling you the truth.
Your husband is a liar. This is serious if your husband feel the need to fabricate something so simple what happens when it really is a big deal? I couldn't be comfortable with not knowing my husband lies.
If a man can break something he can also do the fixing. Maybe he will tell a lie if he cannot fixing the broken piece.
nope.... can't offer you a clue.... I have no idea who he is.... and apparently you don't either.





some people just can't accept responsibility.
Makes me question what bigger things he might be lying about.
He feels as he would get reprimanded for something that he feels was an accident.
Because his mom used to beat him for it.
He's afraid of you. Tell him to grow a spine.
Natural reactions is I didn't do it.
well .. just let it go as he wont tell you the truth any way.. but to fix it is to keep him out side ..like a dog ..

No comments:

Post a Comment