Friday, July 30, 2010

I just go married and my wife is an independent contractor who will be filing her taxes quarterly.?

I am an employee who will file annually. How does it work if you want to file jointly as a couple?I just go married and my wife is an independent contractor who will be filing her taxes quarterly.?
She does not file a tax return quarterly. She does or should send an estimated payment toward her tax liability on a quarterly basis. This is the same thing as you as an employee having money withheld from your pay. At the end of the year you file a joint return and use your withholding and her estimated payments to off set any liability you may jointly have.I just go married and my wife is an independent contractor who will be filing her taxes quarterly.?
You still file jointly at the end of the year. This is almost always preferable to filing separately, but check out your particular circumstances. We are in a similar situation and we do our taxes ourselves with the most popular software for it, and one good thing for us to was fill out the forms for filing each way and then see how we came out on each one before deciding.
I am in the same situation. I think you are confused. She doesn't file her taxes quarterly, she pays her taxes quarterly. You pay yours monthly.





You will both fill your taxes yearly so you can do the joint with no problems at all.
  • zits
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment