Saturday, August 21, 2010

Can my parents claim me as dependant even though im married on his taxes?

My husband and i along with my child had to move in with my parents in 2007 because we didnt have a place to live. My dad supported us half way at least. My husband received SS payments and i started working in sept/07, so my income was about 3,700 . Can he claim us as dependants and we can still file my taxes as joint along with my son?Can my parents claim me as dependant even though im married on his taxes?
that would really suck for him to claim you.


you would do better with earned income credit if your husband claimed all of you.





Does he have the right? Maybe, as long as he provided more than half of your needs than you did...





But he would really have to claim all of you including your son. You could claim your income but when you do so you would not be able to claim yourself because your father already did.





Your best bet is to file your income with your husband and if dad gets mad give him some relief from it.





Or let dad claim everyone and him give you relief.


If he helped about halfway though it would be hard to prove who did more than half. So it would be fair for you to get yours and him to get his and be done...


Maybe, then give him some for living cost yearly electric, water, food to make him happy..

No comments:

Post a Comment