Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I am getting married in two years, When would be a good time to start pre-marital counseling?

Right away or wait a year?I am getting married in two years, When would be a good time to start pre-marital counseling?
Well when my husband and I got married we had to have pre marital counseling because he is Catholic. I would say wait a year because new issues may arise and you may want to discuss them. We started ours about 6-9 months before the wedding.I am getting married in two years, When would be a good time to start pre-marital counseling?
Anytime. Marriage is a constant work-in-progress, so I suggest always taking initiative and being pro-active about building up the relationship. My wife and I waited until about 6 months before the wedding to do the official pre-marriage counseling, but we had multiple pre-marriage mentors giving us constant guidance for about 8 months before the counseling. And we often go back and talk with those mentors because they just have a wealth of information, not to mention they are a lot of fun to be around. I suggest at least getting some type of relationship books to read through together to start working through any differences you may have, and if you can, find an older couple to mentor you and talk you through some issues that are likely to come up, and continue meeting with them after the wedding. If you do that, then the timing of the counseling really does not matter.
this type of thing can never hurt so why not start now?


it can easily help your relationship even if nothing is wrong you can always be closer and stronger - and there's nothing wrong with that, so why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment