Saturday, August 21, 2010

Im a filipina, married to an India man and gave birth in India, can I apply for Filipino passport for my baby?

I am a filipina married to a man from India. I am presently in India but have not yet applied for Indian citizenship and my passport is still a filipino passport. I gave birth to a baby girl here in India who is now 2 months old and she has been issued an Indian passport. Can my baby apply for a filipino passport also because I am planning to go home to Philippines? Is my baby has a dual citizenship that of Indian and Filipino? Please advise me. Thank you.Im a filipina, married to an India man and gave birth in India, can I apply for Filipino passport for my baby?
Your child can become a Filipino citizen by virtue that you are Filipino. You need to register the birth of your baby through the Philippine Embassy in New Delhi as a first step (preferably within 12 months from birth). From there, the staff can assist you in getting your child's Philippine passport, which is proof of Filipino citizenship and will allow unlimited stay in the Philippines.





More on registration of birth here: http://www.newdelhipe.com/birth-report.h鈥?/a>





Please be in touch at our embassy at:


Embassy of the Philippines


50-N Nyaya Marg, Chanakyapuri


New Delhi: 110021


Tel number: +9111- 26889091


Fax number: +9111- 26876401


E-mail: consular_newdelhi@yahoo.com


website: http://www.newdelhipe.com





more on Dual Citizenship from the Bureau of Immigration, Philippines:


http://immigration.gov.ph//index.php?opt鈥?/a>Im a filipina, married to an India man and gave birth in India, can I apply for Filipino passport for my baby?
You should request for filipinos Embassy in Mumbai, I thiknk that advice for You well
probably they can do cause here in UK my son can apply a dual nationality and same with me, but it depends on the country as well so it's better to check the Indian and Philippines immigrations if they'll allow your daughter to have dual nationality. it's better to check straight to them...goodluck!
yes, your child can inherit your filipino citizenship.
India does allow dual citizenship but you will have to check if Phillipines allows dual citizenship or not. if they do then you can apply.
  • zits
  • 1 comment:

    Sarthak Agarwal said...

    hello kathrin,, i need help from you , can you tell us that how you do marriage and staing in india ,,i m also indian and have phil, girl friend from last 15 month , we are planning to marry , ur helpreally mean to us , my name is sarthak my emailis sarthak05agarwal86@gmail.com my number is +91 9368751390 plz contact us

    Post a Comment