Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do I make Turbo Tax create two separate returns for married filing separately?

I've always filed Married-Filing Jointly. This year I think I want to File Separately. Can Turbo Tax compile two separate returns from the joint information I've already entered? Or do I need to key in a new individual return for my spouse - as filing separately?How do I make Turbo Tax create two separate returns for married filing separately?
I don't believe there is any way for TurboTax to separate joint information already entered.





In the CD version, open TurboTax and from the top line menu, select ';File'; and from the drop down box, select ';New Tax Return';. If you are filing separately, you will have to create TWO new files, one for you and one for your spouse.How do I make Turbo Tax create two separate returns for married filing separately?
Just save as DIFFERENT FILE NAMES...I like to use different suffix endings etc/





Note if you can't remember which one is which, then just OPEN FORMS and print out selective forms or pages to avoid wasting paper...
Just start 2 separate returns, that's all.
  • zits
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment