Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What percentage of married people do you think settled?

Some people simply want to be with someone because they are afraid to be alone. Others seem to truly find a soul mate. Out of all of the married couples out there, how many do you think settled for mediocrity?What percentage of married people do you think settled?
Unfortunately, the older I get (62), the more I learn of people having done just that!! What a shame!! And for what? If I feel I need a companion, I'll get a dog!! Life is way too short to ';settle';, and settling just happens to be extremely hard on one's mate-especially, if the mate entered into that marriage for all the right reasons. Settling does not affect only the one who settles, but it has a devastating rippling effect. For once-think seriously about the other person. You are not doing them any favors!! Now for the percentage- I think it could be as high as 45%, and the reality is likely to be even higher!!What percentage of married people do you think settled?
i don't believe in soul mates. It's a fallacy because marriage takes WORK, everyday. Two individuals under the same roof, trying to get along without driving each other batty.





It takes love.





Usually a person settles for someone that they are not in love with--but not ';mediocrity'; as you put it. The two people may be wonderful people but woefully unprepared for marriage or incompatible for some reason.
I think the real issue is that people change and what works in a relationship in your 20's just doesn't work in your 40's and above - the changes that you go through make you a very different person and pretty soon you've made the best of your situation which can be interpreted as ';settled';. Relationships are difficult, being alone can be very difficult for some and believe it or not taking a chance on love and finding your soulmate is scary too so many people stay with what they are familiar with.
100%.
Probably about 80%, I say this cause 93% of the people that I know that were married later got divorced!
I have a brother who married someone he didn't really know too well. Now he said he feels stuck. He's a grown man and should have made better choices.





I myself would rather live alone than be in a relationship that felt hollow or something.
I'd say 90 percent....I know I did and now (divorced %26amp; happy) my life is so much better.





I would like to find my soul mate, if there is such a thing.


I wonder how you know when you find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment